ANC Sole Source Contracting
As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), we offer a unique, flexible, and streamlined sole source procurement option to our Government customers. Available through all SBA-certified 8(a) subsidiaries within the UIC Commercial Services family of companies, sole source contracting with UIC Commercial Services provides the Government with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) provisioned methods to maximize performance flexibility, mission continuity, and small business goal achievement.
Key Sole Source Advantages
- A significantly accelerated procurement timeline, without the disruptions and delays resulting from complex evaluations and resulting protests
- Subcontracts awarded to an ANC or Indian tribe shall be counted towards the subcontracting goals for small business and small disadvantaged business (SDB) concerns, regardless of the size or SBA certification status of the ANC or Indian tribe. FAR 19.703 (c)(1)(i)
- Flexibility and reliability through direct negotiations per 13 CFR 124.503, competitive threshold exemptions per 48 CFR 19.805-1, and common management and administrative services between all Bowhead subsidiaries
- Elimination of pre-award schedule risk due to the non-protestable nature of ANC sole source procurements per 13 CFR 124.517
- ANCs – unlike other 8(a) companies – provide the Government with a virtually unlimited sole source ceiling per 48 CFR 6.303-1
Why an Alaska Native Corporation?
- The Government may award sole source contracts to ANC 8(a) companies up to $22M without Justification and Approval (J&A) and more than $22M with J&A, offering an unlimited threshold
- The ceiling for sole source contract awards to a non-ANC 8(a) company is limited to $4M for non-manufacturing and $6.5M for manufacturing contracts
Accelerated Procurement Timeline
Measured in weeks rather than months, a sole source procurement provides the Government with UIC Commercial Services’ high-quality and CPARS-demonstrated performance six times faster than a standard procurement. With open discussions across the procurement process immediately following SBA approval, we offer the ability and expertise to help tailor pre-award requirements for our customers to best achieve their desired post-award outcomes.
Implementation Flexibility & Performance Reliability
ANC sole source procurements provide the Government with numerous advantages in creating agile and scalable contracting solutions by allowing open discussions and direct negotiations at any phase of procurement following SBA approval. Additionally, only tribally-owned corporations such as ANCs can offer sole source procurements protected from protests.
Brings high-quality performance and reliable services to the U.S. federal, state, and local contracting marketplace. All members of the UIC Commercial Services family of companies operate as subsidiaries of the Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) and its holding companies: UIC Commercial Services, LLC (UICCS). Our sole source eligible UIC Commercial Services subsidiaries include:
To explore and realize these benefits for your agency or organization, please contact Ms. Lori Schendel, our Senior Director of Sole Source Contracts.
She brings years of experience in negotiating and managing more than 100 successful ANC sole source procurements between the Government and the subsidiaries of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC).
Ask Lori about selecting the right company for your sole source contract needs.
Senior Director of Sole Source Contracts
UIC Government Services