Barrow, Alaska (June 6, 2017) – Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) held its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Saturday, June 3, 2017 in Barrow, Alaska. The results of the election below include the top three Directors in order of votes received:
New Board of Directors Class of 2020
- Price E. Brower
- Richard Ungarook, Sr.
- Josiah Patkotak
The following are the results of the re-organization meeting held on Monday, June 5, 2017 in Barrow, Alaska.
- Chairman: Price E. Brower
- Vice Chair: Ned T. Arey, Sr.
- President: Anthony E. Edwardsen
- Vice President: Lloyd Kanayurak
- Treasurer: Beverly J. Shontz Eliason
- Secretary: Josiah Patkotak
- Director: Richard Ungarook, Sr.
- Director: Mary Jane Ahvakana-Lang
- Director: Herman Gerald Rexford
UIC is the Alaska Native Village Corporation of Barrow, Alaska and provides social and economic resources to over 2,900 Iñupiat shareholders and their descendants. Since its establishment, UIC has diversified its investments and consistently ranks among the top largest Alaskan-owned companies. UIC employs over 3,000 people and provides services to clients in a variety of industries, including operations in Barrow, construction, architecture and engineering, regulatory consulting, information technology, marine operations, and maintenance and manufacturing.